Monday, March 18, 2019

Have you ever heard of CoolSculpting?

I had heard about CoolSculpting but I was never interested. Magical machines didn't fool me, and everything that claims to be, I felt, was a gimmick. It takes hard work, nutrition discipline, and overall good habits to lose inches... am I right?

And let's face it, I'm pretty thin. I played soccer in college, and I became a vegan 10 years ago. In the past few years, mostly after children, it became more difficult for me to maintain a healthy vegan lifestyle (cue French fries and a refined sugar addiction). After our third and final child was born, I've gone to "all things in moderation" as a dietary motto. While no longer a strict vegan, moderation has served me pretty well (aside from that lingering sweet tooth. It sometimes takes three scoops of ice cream for me to decide I should come up for air.)

However, three large babies later, I'm left with a single area that collects it all. I unevenly distribute weight gain to my lower stomach. Not my arms. Or legs. Or butt. Nope, just the lower stomach where the boys kicked, stretched, and slept for *years* of my life.

So I took a second look at CoolSculpting. Why? There are NO needles. NO incisions. You can target the *exact* spot that your eyes go to when you step in front of the mirror. You can walk out the door in an hour or two, and go about your day as if you took a lunch break. Plus, I've sat in ice baths after trainings in college, so the cold never bothered me anyway. You too can channel your inner Elsa for a worthy cause, am I right?

But you want to know honestly if it works? Is it painful? What's the cost, and is it worth it?

Here's a look at my CoolSculpting process with Your Medicos, and some notes I took along the way.

There were two kinds of applicators. The one used on me (pictured) was the "petite" version. The "original" version looks similar, but is slightly larger. The doctor made his markings where the applicators were going to go (I needed two applications at 30 minutes each). Pictured above is them doing my right side.

He then put a sticky thin protective layer of fabric on my skin and applied the suction. This should be embarrassing to show, but I thought it was pretty cool... and well... real. 

I checked emails and drank my Yeti full of coffee for 30 minutes on each side, while my lower stomach froze. FYI One applicator reaches up to 4.5 inches of fat, so I froze about 8 inches of my stomach in an hour. 

About the Pain: It was slightly uncomfortable for a few minutes and then I went numb. Afterward, it was tender to the touch, but nothing too significant (everyone is different!) The next day or two there was some cramping, and I took an Advil. Absolutely no discomfort after a couple days. 

When would I see results? You start to see results in 6 weeks, but get maximum results at 3 months. Oh, RESULTS ARE PERMANENT. Once the fat cells freeze, they are gone. Bye Felicia. 

Is it expensive? I've seen it offered in the city at $800 per applicator. I needed 2 applicators or my stomach would have shrunk only on one side, lol. Your Medicos has some great deals going on (and even more discount information below), but their retail value is $600.

Did it work? I posted a before and after below. 25% of fat on my lower abdomen froze off. And I could see the difference in my jeans. The fat cells froze and will never come back.  

This is me before (2 lower abdomen applicators): 
Me after only 6 weeks (I actually gained 1.5 pounds, but my midsection shrunk- hallelujah!) : 

While I am not a believer in any "quick fix" treatments, I would recommend CoolSculpting for anyone who HAS put in the work. For those who live in moderation and still have areas that not even diet and regular exercise will put a dent in. Men and women use it on their underarms, back fat, muffin tops, inner thighs, arm pits- you name it.

*Get a Your Medicos deal by mentioning "Michelle." When you mention my name, get TWO applicators for under $1000! Summer body here we come!

**Disclaimer: This treatment works, and I am not being paid to say this. I was asked for an honest review, good or bad in exchange for a treatment trial... and I make nothing if you purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment